Friday, August 13, 2010

Ledger Jerry Ethington!!!

New baby overload!!!
Last Wednesday we brought our new baby into the world and it was so amazing!!
Ledger Jerry Ethington was born on August 4th at 7lbs, 1oz and 20 inches long!
It was always my plan to give my second son the name Jerry because it is Steve's dads name and my Grandpa's name, so double special! Being due in August, I was really hoping to have this boy on the 4th because it was my Grandpa's 80th birthday (he's passed away)! I thought it would be too early but stayed hopeful, and I'm sure with my Grandpa's help, out he came an hr and a half before the 5th!
I had no signs of labor all day until around 4ish, I started getting random contractions, we were headed into town and they got worse as we drove so we dropped of Dylan and went to see if we were just hopeful or really lucky! After getting all settled and set up in the hospital (I was at around 5.5 when we went) I asked the nurse (around 8pm) what the odds are of me having him on the 4th.. she was skeptical and said probably not, but it depends on the labor! Well I progressed at super speed and out he came with over an hour to spare!
Apparently the second time around is MUCH easier and quicker.. WOO! It was so so amazing, I was practically giddy through it all! I went to do the first 'practice push' with the nurse and she got to 2 and yelled stop, he's coming.. she called the Dr. and in about 2 pushes he was here:)
well that sums up the birth story... It was an absolute amazing experience for me, it all happened so fast and painless and it was so special for me to have my little baby share this day with his AMAZING great-Grandpa (one of the most amazing men there could be!) He sure has 2 incredible men to live up to:)
Anyways.... here are some pictures of our newest joy:):):) We LOVE LOVE LOVE him!!!
The waiting party!!:)

Grandma and Grandpa Davis!

2 beautiful Grandmas!

Some Fun visitors:)

First bath!

Dylan meets Ledger!!

Time to go home!!

Home! (kind of.. pit stop at my parents to pick up Dylan:)

Grandma and her 5th grandchild! I hope I look that good when I have 5 grand kids!! Thanks to my mom (and dad) for taking care of Dylan so much for us:)

Real Home!!


9 comments:

Traci said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome story!! I'm so happy for you!!! We can't wait to meet him!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations to you and your cute little family!

Eve and Tim DeLoach x2 said...

he is beautiful. congrats!

Natalie said...

Congrats! He is so precious.

Tiffanie White said...

Congrats Kiera, such an awesome story and how fun it will be when he's old enough for the two boys to PLAY :) How fun!!

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Congrats! He is a Cutie! Glad everything went so smoothly for you!

Schauers Hours said...

Congratulations Kiera! He is perfect, I'm so happy for you.

Joy said...

I can't wait to meet him! I'm so glad everything went well and it was quick and painless! CONGRATS!

The Hyatt's said...

Kiera!!! Congratulations!!! He is perfect! We are so excited for the both of you. I am so glad everything went so well and how cool about your grandpa's birthday that is so neat!!!