Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby Blessing, and 1-month stats

Dylan turned 1 month old on January 1st! I can't believe how fast time is flying, and how much he is already changing! This has been the most exciting month, i'm so sad to see the tiny newborn stage leave, I already can't wait for another one:) (I will wait of course, I might not get as lucky with such a good baby the next time around after all!) At the same time it is so exciting to see him get bigger and learning to do new things! He started to smile at me yesterday, on purpose, I was freaking out, it was the cutest thing!
We already determined that this baby LOVES his sleep..he eats about every 3-5 hours during the day and pretty much sleeps the whole time in between! He is starting to stay awake a little more these days but still sleeps a ton!..The past couple weeks he has actually been sleeping pretty much through the night (well starting early evening to early morning!) It scared me the first night, he fell asleep around 7pm and then at 4:30am I woke up worried because he hadn't woken up yet, so I sat there waiting and sometime in the 5 o' clock hour he finally woke up! 10 straight hours, I was soooo excited! Since then he usually goes around 8-11 hours at night! I'm not getting quite that much sleep since he usually starts between 6 and 8..which is too early for me to go to sleep, although I probably should start! Dylan is such a great baby, we love him so much, I can't think of anything better then being a mom:)
At his 1 month appointment he weighed 10 lbs, and was 22.25 in. long!

Last Sunday Dylan was blessed in church and it was such an amazing experience! Steve did such an incredible blessing! Afterwards everyone went to Steve's parents house for a big brunch, it was a fun day! Here are a couple pictures from it!





Here's the whole gang that came out for the blessing! They are all SO great, we live about 40-45 minutes away from everyone and our ward started at 8, so they all had to sacrifice quite a bit, but it was such a memorable experience and i'm grateful to all of them for coming!! I am also so glad my grandma (blue coat) from Salt Lake, my sister and her family from Minnesota, and one of my very best friends, Stephanie from Idaho, were able to be here for it! We did miss Eileen (Steve's sister) and her family, and Greg (Steve's brother, who JUST HAD A BABY:)) that couldn't make it!


My aunt and uncle were also at the blessing, they drove the whole 40 minutes for it and right after the blessing had to leave to get to their ward to teach Primary, then came over to the brunch(in their sunday clothes) and my uncle couldn't even eat any of it! They are so great for coming to everything!! They weren't able to be in the group picture since they left, so I got them here at the brunch!

4 comments:

Traci said...

How exciting! He's grown a lot!!

The Herberts said...

How exciting! Being a mommy IS the BEST!!:) He's one cute little boy and so lucky to be loved so much! I'm happy that you're getting some sleep! Congrats!!

Lisa said...

SO CUTE!! I love Dylan. I just want to kiss him all the time.

Cassi said...

I miss you guys!! :( Don't let Dylan get that big before I see you guys again ok!?!? :)