School is finally over as of last week, so now I do not have the burden of a huge project hanging over me, and I can just concentrate on Dylan, and hopefully have time for Christmas:) jk. I can also FINALLY put up some pictures of him:)..I'm so glad my sister did some for me when he was born otherwise he would be like a month old before I could ever get around to it!..
Well we did have little Dylan on Dec. 1st at 12:27am.. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks! It goes by so fast! We have never been happier, he is such an amazing little baby I couldn't possibly love him more!!!
It was pretty much a text book delivery, nothing out of the ordinary happened but I'll tell the short version of the birth story anyways!
On Sunday the 30th at like 2:15 Steve and I layed down to take a nap (8 am church!) but before I could fall asleep I started getting painful contractions that I had never gotten before, it was all in my back and they were killing me! So I called my sister and she was timing them, I figured it would pass so I didn't wake up Steve!
Well by 4:30ish I decided even if it was a false alarm or something I should go to the hospital anyways to check because it was hurting pretty bad (the timing was kind of random).. so I woke up Steve and off we went!
We got to the ER and did all that stuff and the nurse came and took us back, she said they would check and then have me walk and check again, if I progressed I would stay and if I didn't, I would go home!.. well they checked and then she asked when do you want an epideral! So I didn't even need to walk.. we went right to the delivery room and hung out for awhile! I didn't get the epideral right away but the contractions hurt sooo bad, it was all back labor so I couldn't even breath when they came! Things were moving pretty slow so I went ahead and started the epideral (they said it would slow me down but it actually sped things up a lot), then the dr came and gave me Pitocin which sped things up even more! The nurse told me to let them know when I was ready to push but Steve and I wanted a December baby so I made it last till almost 12!
I pushed for about 30 minutes and out he came!! I did get the epideral, but it still hurt extremely bad! I think it had worn off a little by the time I pushed!
It was the most amazing experience and everything went so well!
Dylan is 3 weeks now and he is doing sooo good! he is just like his daddy, he doesn't care too much about eating, and he LOVES to sleep! It's great except actually makes it kind of difficult when he has to eat but won't wake up! He is getting more and more alert as the days go by, but overall he is a very calm baby:) We are so lucky and so blessed to have a healthy baby and we have really loved every minute of these last 3 weeks! (besides finishing school!)
Well since he came early and completely out of the blue I have a lot of catching up to do (I still want to post pictures from my 3 baby showers, thank you to everyone that helped or attended any of those:)! but for now here are some more hospital pictures and some of his first couple days at home! (I know its late but all the more recent pics are still on the camera!) I will do more after Christmas!
This is like one second after he was born! put him in a blanket and gave him right to me! It was the most incredible feeling!
Here's the whole gang that was at the hospital in the middle of the night waiting for him to be born! The next day was a tired one for everyone!!
Here's Grandma with Dylan! He had quite the cone-head! He actually had his head turned a little which is probably why it hurt so bad.. but I felt so bad he had a big bump and bruise! Luckily it only lasted till the next day!
Here's Steve with his new son! He is such a great dad!
Tuesday, getting ready to go home!!!
These next ones are all of his first couple days at home!!











7 comments:
Congrats Kiera! He's a doll!
WOOHOO! He is SUCH a cutie!! You guys are so cute!
He's ADORABLE! You look great! I'm so excited to see you tomorrow!
Your son is so cute! Oh, and I cant believe how good you look in the picture they took "right after he was born" when he was wrapped and handed to you. You are very lucky you only pushed for 30 mins! Wow! Great job Kie! I cant wait to meet him.
cute! I'm so glad you had time to post more pictures, keep them coming
Great job. He is so adorable. I'm so happpy for you. Being a mom is great!
Congratulations..it's been forever since i have seen ya..now your baby boy is here and he is darling! The interuppted sleep is worth it..baby boys are so much fun! mine is already 11 weeks old!! take care :)
Post a Comment