Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ALASKAN CRUISE!!!

We just got back last week from a 10 day trip to ALASKA!!! So i am excited to have something fun to finally update with, although we did so much and took soo many pictures that this will probably end up being a few posts itself! I'll have to kind of copy my sister Cassi's method in separating the posts, (this first post will just be a few from Canada and then the boat part) so for those that check her blog regularly you have probably already seen most of these pics!:)..
Anyway my amazing parents took the whole family (them, 4 daughters, 2 son-in-laws, and 3 grandkids..and since my grandma has relatives in Anchorage she came along to) on an Alaskan Cruise!!!
Only my parents and Grandma had been there before but I have always wanted to see Alaska, it was BEAUTIFUL!! We had a blast! The Arizonians spent one night in Vancouver, then we all met on the boat and spent 7 days cruising and then 3 days after in Anchorage!! I love going on family trips and I am so grateful to my parents for letting us all experience this together!

When we got through the airport in Vancouver we had to get to our hotel but our group was too big for a cab and they said it would be cheaper to take one limo rather then 2 cabs...so here is Steve and I in the limo riding in style!!

Here is the view outside our room on the balcony. Me, Steve and Ash shared a room and my parents and Brie shared a room, they were across the elevators and down the hall from us but when we went on the balcony we discovered they were actually right next to each other (you can see my dad on the other balcony) Canada was beautiful, we pretty much just walked around the town and went to dinner that night!!

We met my sisters family and my grandma the next day at the boat, Holland American Zandaam!!

Obviously, one of the best parts of a cruise is the food!! Perfect for a big family or group, you can pretty much eat whenever you want, and however much you want!! We were always split into 2 groups and sat at tables next to each other! The food was delicious! Steve isn't really a big eater but when it's free and unlimited he goes to town, when he came back he was about 6 pounds heavier (which for him isn't really a bad thing!) Luckily there was a gym on board for those that might get a little to food happy!

My adorable nephew Jaden! he is actually eating a potato soup shake!! Yuck yeah.. it was pretty funny, My sister ordered him a pear shake and when this came we were looking at it like, what is floating in that yuck! Brian (his dad) took a sip and made the funniest face.. it was hot potato soup..in a cup!! We have no idea what went wrong in the kitchen but it was hilarious!! pretty sure the pear and ice cream stuff is not in the same vicinity as a hot pot of soup!! but it was fun and Jaden almost drank the whole thing.. he LOVED it!!

Me and my sister Cassi at the first formal night!

Adorable Niece Mayli at formal night

Sister BrieAnne and nephew Parker...at formal night!

This is the view out of our cabin window! I loved the windows in the rooms we were in, The last cruise I Went on I remember having the tiny little circular airplane windows and thinking they were awesome, so when we came in and saw cool big square ones I Was excited! Although since it never really got dark we had to keep it closed a lot so we could actually sleep!

Me and Steve's cabin!

We went through Glacier Bay toward the end of the cruise, the boat just went into this bay surrounded by Glaciers and sat there for hours turning around! We went on the deck and watched (waiting for any of them to calve (when pieces break off)) We were able to see it a few times, it was a huge thundering noise, then if you were looking in the right place you could see ice chunks fall into the water, although most the time it just looked like snow falling! Ice chunks were floating everywhere around us, it was really cool to see!

Well hopefully that wasn't overwhelming to look at! I will have the fun shore stuff in another post later!

6 comments:

Traci said...

HOW FUN!!! I'm SO jealous!

Stephanie said...

I love all of the pictures. Keep them coming! Your cabin looks like it was a lot of fun.

Staci Kramer said...

Hey Kiera! This is the first time I have seen your blog! How cute you guys are! Your cruise sounds so fun. We need to get together again soon. I just think you and Steve are so adorable and I can't wait for your baby!

Ashlyn said...

woohoo! cruise! that was so amazing!!! i did notice i was the only one not in the pictures you displayed kie...ouch! haha jk by the way, wasn't the last picture college fjord, not glacier bay? it doesn't matter really or make a difference, i just thought that's what it was...who knows! :P

Holly said...

You are lookin so stinkin cute! im so gload you guys were able to go on that cruise!!!!! good luck with being preggy

Lisa said...

Kiera I'm LOVING your hat! You look totally stylin'. I just bought one VERY similar to that only it's not pink, but it does have sparkles!! Too bad we hardly get to wear them here in AZ. :(