Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4 months old and Newport Trip!

Once again I am long overdo for a new post, pictures pile up and it gets too overwhelming and becomes a big project. I am hoping to post some pictures from a trip to California we took a couple weeks ago and make it nice and simple, although that's not usually how it goes!

Well we took our annual trip to Newport for Spring Break a couple weeks ago and had a blast! I LOVE our Newport trips, My sister Cassi and her family come from Minnesota and since we have been there a few times (same exact resort and same time) so we are familiar with everything and there's no pressure to rush to do and see everything cause we know we will be back next year! It was Dylan's first trip and he did GREAT! He was an awesome traveler and did great on the car ride, I was worried about his first long drive!

Here are some pictures of our trip to Newport!

The first day we just went to church, so here is Dylan all dressed and ready to go!



The next day was SeaWorld day 1!
We had a lot of fun there, I haven't been there in years! This was at the Shamu show, my mom bought him and his cousins a souvy, this little stuffed Shamu! Lucky Boy!



Dylan and Aunt BrieMy sister BrieAnne is graduating ASU this May in engineering (genius) (THEN like a week later she reports to the MTC to go on a mission to Anchorage, Alaska...random tid-bit, but talk about super girl) Anyways here they are in their ASU get-ups (Brie gave Dylan that ASU outfit for Christmas, SO cute..probably his most expensive attire to:)


St. Patty's Day! Made sure he wore his green so as not to get pinched! My family is viscious St. Patrick's day pinchers!


The day after Sea World we went to Balboa Island and rode this 10 passenger bike around it.. We rode it down to the beach and back! Yes all 12 of us rode it..and even though there are 6 pedlers, it's still tiring! We had a blast!

This is the beach we rode the bike to! Ok this is the only picture I attempted to edit, and this is why I just leave all my pictures be.. I was just trying to crop this picture to get closer in and then I tried to make it bigger...anyways long story short we are totally stretched out and look hilarious but it's the only picture I have of the beach so I'm putting it up..not sure what I did but I couldn't get it back to how it was haha! (me Ash and Brie at the beach)

After the bike ride we ate at our favorite place on Balboa, Ruby's diner on the pier! Here's the best family shot I got! (minus mom and dad)
Our family pic in the same spot as 2 years ago, growing family!

Swimmin'at the resort!

G'ma Davis and Dylan hangin' out while the guys played Croquet!




SeaWorld day 2!



Turtles are my fave!
Went to a fun dinner in down town San Diego after!



Sorry for the abundance of pictures, narrowing down is not my strong point, but I did good considering how many I had to start!
....Last but not least, Dylan turned 4 months on the 1st (yes now he is closer to 5 haha) but he is doing amazing, I started him on rice cereal and he LOVES it! It's like a drug to him, he gets so excited when I put him in his chair and can't even swallow what's in his mouth before opening it anxiously waiting for the next bite, it's hilarious to watch! Maybe he just loves spoons! He is definetely a natural born eater.. hope that doesn't stick for too long!
His 4 month stats were: weight: 14.15 lbs (50th percentile)
height: 25.5 in (75th percentile)...gettin' pretty tall:)




3 comments:

Traci said...

so fun!!! Dylan is growing so much and is so cute!

Cassi said...

Fun!!! Dylan is SO cute! I can't wait to see you guys again!!!

Unknown said...

SO much of fun...he is so cute...
thanks for sharing..
___________________
susana
Instant loans at an attractive low rates